Monday, March 27, 2006

smoking in office

Smoking in office

First apologies for the delay. Though I said I’d be regular this time, I was absolutely swamped in work (for a change) and couldn’t do a damn thing, not even fold my clothes, well that’s not the point is it.


Dear boss,
Please let me smoke in office. It is for your own good.
In fact, you better let me smoke in office based on research.
A smoker smokes anywhere between 5-20 cigarettes a day. As an average let’s say 6 during the course of work. Each cigarette takes about 10 minutes. So that’s an hour out of a seven hour work schedule.

If your salary is Rs.30000. Then you get Rs.1000 per day. But weekends not withstanding, that is about Rs.1365 per day. Which translates to almost Rs.200 an hour including lunch breaks and coffee time-outs.
So if you don’t let me smoke in my cabin it costs you, the company Rs.200 a day. Which is Rs.6000 a month. And yes, almost Rs.72000 a year.

After this research and facts I either request you to let me smoke in my cabin or let non-smokers, off an hour early.

Thanking you in advance,
Yours sincerely

A smoker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home