Wednesday, March 01, 2006

i have no idea why im putting this first

The first time i saw her, well she was really cute
she was sitting in that corner, playin on her flute
on and on, the night grew long
and then she played my song

The moon was shining, and the loud crashing waves
lit up her face, i was looking her like a puppy craves
come come, she called to me
come on and sit next to me

I sat by her wondering how she knew
to smoke, i waited in the queue
0round and round the smoke passed
on as long as you could last

i finally got my turn as i hazed my mind
i passed it on to someone far behind
liar liar, i did call her
u stole my song, now that aint fair?

she turned to me and stared me down
suddenly there was laughter all around
really? really? she asked me twice
like she was being really nice

oh yes, i wrote it long ago on a piece of white paper
when i used to live on the 3rd floor of a skyscraper
what ? what ? everyone stopped
out came a very loud gasp!

thats an evergreen eric clapton number they laughed
oh my god! you must be stoned or plain daft
no! no! i really cried
they all thought i lied

now i promise i sat up all night writing that song
can i help it if her name was layla, now shes gone
yes! yes! i wrote the same
and layla was her name

1 Comments:

Blogger Nina C said...

Very nice one!:)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home